Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Zoo Babies!

Yesterday was President's Day and even though we had some bad weather days here in Houston Chad still got the day off! We decided to enjoy the beautiful spring like weather, seriously it was sunny with a high of 75 (since you took my heavy heart and made it light...Relient K anyone?), and we went to the zoo. It is exciting times for the Houston Zoo because in three months times they have had 4 new baby animals born!

First we went to see the monkeys. Shiloh likes the monkey forest because he gets to walk pretty much the entire time since it is a trail and he can't disappear from my line of view (mostly). There are two new baby monkeys. Neither of which I got a picture of. The first was a Safika, the little white and black monkeys in the movie Madagascar. He was very cute all snuggled up in his mommy's arms. We didn't get to see the baby De Brazza's Guenon because it was not out in the exhibit. This was a surprise baby at the zoo. They had no idea the mommy was pregnant, though I am sure the mommy knew she was pregnant, I mean pregnancy is very apparent to me :)


"Ehhhh?" Which is Shiloh's was of saying look Jude. Not at the monkeys of course, only a bird, which we see plenty of at home.





Sweet brothers.

After the monkeys we had lunch and then if was off to see the giraffes. I love the giraffes. They are so pretty. It's also nice they are so big because then Shiloh knows what he is looking at. There is a new baby giraffe.


See the baby sitting there. This was the most I could zoom my camera. It was a very cute baby!


Looking at the Chimpanzees.

We saved the biggest and newest for last. Just this month a baby elephant was born. He is so cute. And little compared to the other elephants but he was born at a whopping 385 pounds. Now that is a big baby! I'm sure glad I don't have to have a baby that big. Also if I was feeling a bit inpatient and sorry for how long I've been pregnant I only need to remind myself that at least it hasn't been 2 years like an elephant. How horrible!


Little baby elephant!


There were two young boy elephants playing in the elephant pond. Pushing and shoving and dunking each other...it reminded me of two young boys who live in my house...


Snacks after the zoo!


Lots of walking made us thirsty.


You know it was a successful trip when both are out cold before you hit the highway!

No comments:

Post a Comment