Thursday, March 6, 2014

This and That

The past few days have been made up of a little of this and that.

After promising I would not build any more furniture I had to look for other things to do to keep me busy.

Tuesday we had the worst winter weather day yet with ice in the trees and on the roads but I never really heard anything significant on it from the media. Perhaps the first two winter storms, in which they cried wolf prevented them from making a big deal.

I had an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday morning so it was a good thing that it was only raining by the time we left. But because of the ice in the trees there where limbs coming down and the power got knocked out. So I had to figure out how to open the garage door manually, thankful I had a flashlight handy and it turned out not to difficult at all.

A rather unfortunate result of power being out was all the gas stations around me were closed but we made it to Katy and I could hear my granddaddy's voice saying, "I warned you never let your tank get below 1/4 full" as I prayed we would make it to a gas station that was open before the light came on. Also when we made it to a gas station that was open they were not taking credit or debit cards because they had been out of power and it had messed up their systems - we tried 2 or 3 before I realized that it was not an issue with my card. This time I could hear the voice of my best friend's dad telling me, "never drive without at least $20 in cash on you." I had $10 - so at least I half way listened to this warning.

After my appointment the boys and I went to Chick-fil-a. Yummy.


Jude and Shiloh enjoying their lunch.


Jude on the slide.


Shiloh refusing to come down.

When it was time to leave Shiloh decided he no longer wanted to climb down or go down the slide. So mommy had to climb up into the play thing and retrieve him. Not so fun or easy when you have a huge belly. But it had to be done!

We made it home and the power was back on so we made a pallet in the living room with blankets and pillows and watched Planes. I had hoped we would take naps but it was not to be.



Wednesday was spent lounging around the house because the weather was still yucky and I gave the boys hair cuts. It was not all that exciting. We did get into the car and drove through Starbucks (I had a gift card) to get hot chocolate and coffee after nap time because we needed out of the house but we didn't get dressed so I'm sure we looked awesome in our pi's and house robes but we don't care if people judge us.

Now on to today to see what it brings us...preferably a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment