Tuesday, March 11, 2014

False Alarms...

Yesterday we had a very busy day.

After a trip to the chiropractor we headed home to pack a picknic lunch to take to the park (which of course we walked to...). But while I was making lunch the boys decided it would be a good idea to feed the dogs (they are much better care takers of the dogs then I am, Shiloh pretty much reminds me every day to feed the dogs...I have decided to look at this as an accomplishment in teaching the boys responsibility rather than a failure that I can't seem to remember to give them food and water). Anyway I looked up and realized that Shiloh has not allowing the dogs to eat rather he was pouring the water into the food and making a huge mess. Then he decided to sweep up his mess (which is to say he spread wet dog food everywhere). By the time I got over to him the entire dining room floor was covered with wet dog. So I abandoned my lunch making for the moment and went to work cleaning up the mess.

After cleaning up the dog food I got back to our lunch figuring we could still eat at the park. Just as I finished with the lunch making I heard the boys at the back door and went to investigate. Of course they had found a mud puddle outside and were covered head to toe in mud so once again lunch was delayed for cleaning. But that is what showers are for right? By that time I was too tired to take lunch to the park so we just ate at home.

After lunch we headed to the park so the boys could get some more energy out. My brother, Jeremy, brought his daughter Haylyn to the park so the cousins could play. We played too long and missed nap time. Which is becoming quite a thing for us...

Shiloh fell asleep eating his dinner.

Poor Chad had to deal with the effects of non rested children that night because I got to go to dinner with a friend while he watched her son, who had also not napped that day (fun to note my friends little boys doesn't speak much English because his parents only speak French to him so he will grow up bilingual).

Chad survived though and I am thankful to have gotten a small break!

We went to bed late and were sleeping hard when the false alarms started. And I am not talking about contractions and going into labor. I mean our fire alarms went haywire. I can still hear ringing in my ears it was so loud. We sat up and bolted to the boys room the first time but the alarms stopped and we didn't know where it originated. So we checked every room. No smoke, no heat, nothing. So after a confused 15 minutes we went back to bed feeling very weirded out. 2 hours later it happened again and we realized it was starting in our room. So Chad took out the battery and reset the alarm but 10 minutes later it went off again. So he unhooked the alarm and we thought well at least now we can sleep. But about 10-15 min later the hall alarm acted up. Then the far hall. Then the guest room. Enough we thought and quickly and quietly disassembled all of the fire alarms in the house (because by some miracle and a lack of naps the boys were still sleeping). By the time everything was all sorted it was past 3am. So we basically did not get much sleep last night.



Our broken alarms.

Our agenda today is to visit the midwife and take naps! Oh and go to the store and buy new fire alarms (pray I don't set fire to the house at least not until we have working alarms).

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment