Saturday, March 1, 2014

Strawberry Fields Forever :)

We went strawberry picking today! Yay! I love love love strawberries and so do the boys! Jude wanted to pick blueberries, blackberries and raspberries also. When I informed him that it was the month for strawberries he wanted to know when the other fruits where in. A nearby farm has blueberries in May and blackberries in June but to be honest I have no idea when raspberries are in and Jude was not happy that I did not know. Hate to tell him but there are a lot of things mommy does not know!

First we stopped at the bank and Jude of course remembers that one time went to the bank and the lady sent him a sucker through that tunnel thing. So of course he and Shiloh got Suckers. Jude picked the red one because it matched his red "Cahao" shoes and Shiloh got the green one because it matched his green shoes.


Shiloh with his green sucker.


Jude showing off his red tongue.

Then we stopped at a car wash to give mommy's car a bath. The boys both enjoyed watching from the inside as daddy sprayed the car down and suds it up with bright pink soap, to which were informed afterward smelled like strawberries which I think is quite fitting as we were headed out to pick berries!

We met up with a family from church atAtkinson's farm off Spring Cypress road, in Spring. And to be honest it was one field of strawberries and pickings seemed kinda of slim but we did nab some 3 lbs of strawberries so that is all to the good. I am dreaming of chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry pie and strawberries and coconut cream baked oatmeal. Not to mention just eating those fresh strawberries! 

In addition to strawberries they had a little bitty farmers market and I got a huge head of lettuce, cauliflower, avocados, pears, sweet potatoes, and a tomato. I am going to make yummy hamburgers and sweet potato fries for dinner. Yum!

After picking berries we had lunch at Freebirds with our friends and I must say I wish it had been Chipotle but oh well it was good and the company was awesome!

Got to go now as Shiloh is starting to melt down, you see he and Jude decided that they did not need a nap this afternoon so now we are striving to make it to bed time and the animal crackers I bribed him with so I could blog are gone...

A couple of pictures in parting:


Poor kids pants won't stay up.


Daddy trying to explain we only pick the red ones.


Beautiful!


I am not looking at you even though you have repeatedly said my name. You can't make me.


Found one!


Perfect for covering in delicious chocolate if you ask me. It even has a long stem. If it was still Valentine's Day I could sell it for over a dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment