Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Eviction Notice!

Eviction Notice: 
Dear Baby Asher,
Your 40 weeks lease is UP! Please evacuate the premises. 
-Lovingly your mommy

P.S. - Mommy and Daddy are anxious to hold you and kiss you and love on you. You will be very safe and warm and cozy out here with us. Jude and Shiloh will be great big brothers and all of our family and friends can't wait to meet you.

P.S.S. - For every day you reside over your lease mommy will hold on to some embarrassing story, picture or video that I will show to people when you are older!

Today is my guess day, which is to say I am now 40 weeks pregnant so obviously I am now "over due" and everyone will be asking me, is the baby here yet? Well look at the picture. No he is not. And I still have no idea when he will come. It could be today or still a week or two out. But don't worry we will post pictures on Facebook almost as soon as he is born and many people will receive a text - so please refrain from asking me if he is here yet!

I am very excited to meet this new baby but I also am going to trust that God knows the perfect time for him to be born. I am growing to appreciate more what Paul says in Philippians 4:13, "I can be content in any and every situation through the Anointed One who is my power and strength." (The Voice Translation). Being pregnant is definitely not my favorite thing in the world and waiting is also something I have never been super great at. But when I rest in the promises of God and trust him fully I am finding that I can be content. I know that God is the Creator of my body and this little baby inside me. I have not had any control on how this baby has been made, of course I have made decisions to not interfere with the process and keep my body as healthy as possible (diet, exercise, chiropractic care, midwife, vitamins, etc.) but God is the one who is forming this baby and God will know the perfect time for him to be born. So really I just need to not interfere. And in the meantime I am going to work on allowing Jesus to be my power and strength for being content and enjoy these last days as a family of 6 (Me, Chad, Jude, Shiloh, Lilah and Boker - the dogs count!).

No comments:

Post a Comment