Monday, May 11, 2015

The Baymax Fist

A couple of weeks ago I took the boys to the Disney Store (a dangerous place indeed - I am sorely tempted to buy all things Star Wars) to buy a little something for the car trip up to Minnesota. Apparently Jude saw a Baymax fist and since leaving the store that day has talked of having it. 

I told him he could either wait for his birthday and ask for it or do extra chores to save up money. I intended to have him strech out chores over a couple of weeks at least a month. But Jude was smarter. He asked my Granny. And awesome Geanny that she is put him to work raking magnolia leaves, putting them in a trash can and then burning them it was hard work. She paid him $2 dollars for an hours work though he would have probably taken $1. And I'm convinced we could have charged Shiloh and he would have paid - that boy loves working. 

Combined with tooth fairy money he now had about $5 if the $25 dollars needed. So the next day he begged Mimi for chores. She is a push over. He did a couple chores with Shiloh and she paid them $30. Come on Mimi how am I supposed to teach the boy about the value of money?

So today I took them to the Disney store. We bought the Baymax hand and ordered a stuffed Fred for Shiloh (Mickey Mouse is sending it to our house).


No comments:

Post a Comment