Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It's been 8 and it's been great!

Happy 8th Anniversary to Us!

Thank you Jesus for the legacy of long standing marriages you have given us. I am so grateful to have the example of our grandparents (both sets of mine and at least one of Chad's) who because of their faith in God made it to or past 50 years. In addition to our grandparents, Chad's mom and dad were a week shy of celebrating 21 years of marriage when his mom passed away and my mom and dad were 5 months shy of celebrating 20 years of marriage when my mom passed.

It is encouraging to look at the family who went before us and know that God is good and is good at sustaining marriages! So we may have quite a few years to catch up to those who went before us but I know that through the good and the bad we have a good God who is glorified when our marriage reflects him. I pray that the love Christ has for his church and his church has for him would shine through the love Chad and I have for each other!


8 years ago we said, "I do, with the help of God."


All dressed up (and running at least 30 minutes behind schedule - I had to keep telling myself I did this to myself when I married him) to eat out at Peli Peli. We loved the food! We didn't get to eat all the food due to us being 30 minutes later than expected in arrival and prom and they put shellfish on my plate (and I wasn't in the mood to die)...but they took care of us and sent us away with dessert in a to to box and and ticket price greatly reduced :)


We saw the NEWSIES!!!!!! Yes I do know that I just yelled NEWSIES by typing in all caps but it deserves yelling as it is probably my favorite musical ever. 

1 comment:

  1. NEWSIES! The best. SaaaaaaaaaaaaantaFEEEEEEEEEEEE. Glad you had a good time, and I bet you were the best looking couple at PeliPeli, even with all those fancy prom dresses. Love y'all! Praise God for the both of you and the foundation you are setting for your boys!

    ReplyDelete