Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Zoo Day!

We went to the Zoo! We love the Zoo! Now that the weather is much more pleasant we will probably go every other week. Our membership is so worth it.

Last Thursday we went to the Zoo with my God-Sister Stephanie, her little boy James and my other God-Sister Lauren. We had a blast. The animals were active and it was fun to see. During the summer they tend to lay there and do nothing. But this time it was not so! Yay!

We saw the elephants. I love baby Duncan he is so cute!!!!! I tried to get good pictures but as all I have now is my phone camera they are just so-so.





We saw the chimpanzees. They were screaming and wrestling each other. And one of them kept running up and doing a flying sidekick at the exhibit glass. Ok it wasn't a flying sidekick but he jumped in the air and kicked the window. It was crazy I've never seen them act like that. Fun to watch. Lauren thought it might perhaps be mating season...

We saw the giraffes. My favorite. I love how they walk. And the baby was out.


Since the splash pad was closed (thank goodness! it was too overcast and slightly chilly - 80 degrees - Texas girl) we went to the Children's Zoo and played on the playground, the boys especially like the side by the Otter viewing area. And what a disappointment the Otter was asleep. Then we petted the goats.





Our favorite animal of the day was the baby Clouded Leopards!!!! They are so adorable! I want one. They are just 3 months old and are super playful. We watched them for 30 minutes. They only come out 1 hour a day (11-12ish) because they are still young and fearless. They climb too high and have to be rescued with a ladder. They fall and have to be caught by the zoo keepers. So for now they can only spend 1 hour outside. The babies will be leaving in the next couple months so we are going to try and see them again before they leave.

All in all it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment