Friday, August 26, 2016

6 and 4

There are no 5 year olds in my house. There are no 3 year olds in my house. We now have a 6 year old and a 4 year old!


Happy 6th Birthday Jude:

Jude,
You are my special little guy. You made me a mom. You are my first. I love you so much! Jude you are a smart and witty guy, you make people laugh with your cute comments and your well thought out ideas. I love that you love legos. You are great at building things and figuring out how to make things work. When you put your mind to learning something I am amazed at how quickly you master what you have determined to master. You have a great imagination and I love to see you slay dragons, rescue your sister (pretend sister...), capture the bad guy with your lasso, and use your ninjago skills to save the day. You love stories and it makes me glad to share them with you. You love to climb, anything that can be climbed you climb, carefully at first finding every hand and foothold you can. Jude you are an amazing big brother, you play with Shiloh and Asher, you talk to and hold and help feed Ezra, you look out for them, you help them, you are ready to protect them when they need. I pray Jude that you would use the life God has given you to bring him praise, that is what Jude means, "praised one or one who brings praise." I pray that you would be a courageous warrior, which is what your middle name Caleb means, standing up for what is right, for those who need someone to stand up for them. Jude use your imagination and ability to figure things out to solve problems and bring God glory. Jude use your love of stories, telling and listening to tell the Biggest Story - the only Story that matters, the Story of Jesus. Jude continue to be a big brother to Shiloh, Asher and Ezra and learn to be a brother to your family found in Jesus. Jude this year I pray that you would grow and that as you climb your way through life you would keep your eyes on Jesus - never take your eyes off him and let him be your hand and foothold. I love you little guy. Happy Birthday!



Happy 4th Birthday Shiloh:

Shiloh,
You are my sweet little man. I love you so much! Shiloh you are so smart. You are kind and caring. You think about other people and how you can help them and what they need. You are quick to help Asher and Ezra when they are upset. You are not afraid of hard work - in fact you welcome it. When I see you helping Daddy with the yard, carrying heavy things for me, working alongside Granny or Mr. Joe my heart swells with pride and the man I see you will one day become. You have a wonderful imagination and I love it when you ask me to call you "Luke," as you fight Darth Vader and the dark side, or "King Edmund, but not high king because Peter is high king," Edmund is my favorite too, or "Kai" the red ninja. You are always fighting on the right side - for good and not evil. Shiloh I love that you love stories and I love to snuggle with you and read. I love that you love to play board games  and I love that you are getting so good at doing puzzles. I pray Shiloh that you would grow and discover who God has made you to be. I pray that you would continue to share a heart with Jesus showing love, being kind and caring. I pray that you would keep helping people. I pray that you would never tire of work - for God made us to work - that you find the work that He has for you and that you would do the work he gives you to bring him praise. Shiloh I pray that you would always see Jesus and choose to be on his side, and a soldier for him. I pray that you would hear and share the Story of Jesus. I love you Shiloh, my little man. Happy Birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment