Thursday, September 1, 2016

Bulking Up

Ezra has been bulking up. He is now 11 lbs 4.2 oz! LOL! He is still a tiny guy but the good news is that with a birth weight of 5 lbs 5.5oz he is now back on his growth curve (which is not on the charts)!

Yesterday we had our final follow up with the pediatric dentist who took care of his tongue tie and lip tie and she released us from her care and from all mouth exercises. I've met with a lactation consultant and Ezra's latch is now great. He is nursing well and we are now on a plan to wean him off supplements (which is for me an arduous process - because I have to track everything - and I'm an ESTP (myers brigg personality type) we don't do tracking and schedules and writing things down well). Once he is weaned from supplements I will wean myself from the medication I am taking to increase my milk supply. So hopefully we will be done with this whole process in a month or two (if I survive the scheduling - I feel my life slipping away just thinking about it).

Happy weight gain to Ezra!


Before


Before


Sorry its not the greatest but this was Monday.


After


After

3 comments:

  1. Way to grow Ezra! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear that both of you are doing well. I hear you on the scheduling and writing things down. We have very similar personality types. I believe you will find a way within your own set of gifts. I know God knew what he was doing when he created us. Maybe he agrees everything doesn't have to be documented for a full life and nourishing life to happen for us and those we love. Joy and peace to you and Ezra. Love, Aunt Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aunt Lynda! I agree that not everything needs to be documented!!!!

    I didn't realize how much we are alike until I read your entire web site last week...I make bread, grow a garden right now all in an effort to feed my family a nourishing diet! We believe too that we should let food be our medicine!

    ReplyDelete