Thursday, March 5, 2015

Planting Seeds!

We are going to have a vegetable garden this year! I am determined. For the past 5 years I have wanted to plant one. And every year "something" happens and I never do. But not this year (I mean Chad already spent 11 days in the hospital and our dishwasher broke and we got insurance money to fix the kitchen issues - not sure when we will do it, hopefully soon, but thats another story for another day) so I already have my "somethings" that have happened and probably there will be more but I really want a garden so the boys and I planted seeds!

Of course when I think of planting seeds I think of Jesus' teachings on what the kingdom of God is like (See Mark 4 and other places :). I'm excited to use this opportunity of planting vegetables and watching them grow to teach the boys about God - so it is a complete win - yummy veggies and a better understanding of God! And in Jude's words, "we planted REAL food, God's food." Hmmm may we remember to plant seeds of God's word in our hearts and share them with those around us - for God's seeds are REAL and God's REAL Food will fill us up!


Preparing egg cartons for our seeds. Such concentration as Jude pokes holes to allow water to escape.


Jude and Shiloh filling their egg cartons with soil.


Burying seeds in the holes. I intended to put 1-2 seeds in each space. However, Jude felt 3 was the perfect number (and Theologically speaking We do serve a Triune God - 3 in 1 - The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit) and he put 3 in each space. Meanwhile Shiloh felt the more the merrier and was dumping 5-10 seeds in each space (useless for me to try and pick all the seeds out) - he must have taken to heart the part in the parable about "scattering seeds" everywhere. So It will be fun to see what grows!


Failure to think through my project logically, keeping in mind the messiness of the boys resulted in soil all over my house, thankfully Granny's cleaning lady was coming in two days and I just swept.


My little seedlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment