Monday, March 23, 2015

Garden Boxes

Gardening is turning out to be quite a good bit of work. Yesterday we built some raised beds. It sounds simple and I suppose it was but it was a lot of work. 

Plants need a couple of things to grow: soil, sun and water. In our yard the most sunny place is the side of the house, evidence for this is the best grass in our yard. But to place the beds the grass had to go. We didn't want to waste the grass though so I dug it up and transplanted it to sections in the yard that were lacking grass. I am so sore :) added to digging and carrying grass I also helped carry the 40lb bags of soil from the truck to the back yard. Did I mention I'm sore?

Chad built the beds and we placed them in the area I dug up grass and we filled them with soil. We have 3 4'x4' boxes but intended to build one more. I figure if we are going to garden might as well go full out :)

Soon I will be planting my seedlings in their new home!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment