Tuesday, March 24, 2015

1

Happy birthday Asher!

Asher,
Mommy loves you so much! Just like Leah in Genesis 30:13, I can say "happy am I! ...So she called his name Asher."

You are such a happy little guy. You have a great smile and a contagious laugh. You have to do everything your big brothers do. You walk you, you climb, and you play with so much happiness it is a joy to watch you. You love to make others laugh.

God said to Abram in Genesis 12:2, "I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing." Asher I pray that as you bring joy to others you will know that you are greatly blessed by God. 

Daddy and I chose the name Asher which means happy or blessed in hopes that God would use you to bless others and that you yourself would be blessed. I pray that Psalm 1 will give you a picture of what it looks like to be blessed or happy: 

"Blessed is the man
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
 but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night.
 He is like a tree
    planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
    and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
 The wicked are not so,
    but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,

    nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,

    but the way of the wicked will perish."
We chose to give you the name David as your middle name. David in honor of your Pops, David. And David after the David in the Bible about whom God says in Acts 13:22, "I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will." It is my prayer for you that you would become a man after God's own heart and do his will. 

I love you so much baby, happy birthday!
















No comments:

Post a Comment