Saturday, July 29, 2017

Here Come the Ring Bearers!

Y'all my boys are super dapper. It's true. I mean just look at them:







Twice this summer the boys have had the honor of ring bearer. Both weddings were for uncles. Both weddings took place on the beach and the boys wore grey and white in both weddings. You might say the weddings were similar - both even had a stand out moment of wow that never happens.

For example in the most recent wedding my brother Kris arrived on the beach via wave runner because he is awesome like that.

The standout moment in Colten and Ashley's wedding takes a bit more telling.

We drove to South Padre Island on Thursday, the day before the wedding. Everything went great (or to be expected at least - Chad missed the last Starbucks for 3 hours, I felt car sick, we stopped way to many times and the 6 hr drive took 8-9 hour). We ate chick-fil-a for dinner and let the kids play and then we finally made it to the house. We went to bed as we were tired, all 6 of us in a room with 2 beds and a pack n play. At about 3AM I woke to the delightful sound of Chad throwing up. Oh man, Chad's record went down (it had been about 12 or 13 years). Pretty terrible yet we thought maybe it was just bad food, you never know. So that morning I got the kids well away from Chad and we spent the day playing in the pool at the rent house. Jude swallowed some water and spit/threw it up. I was getting nervous. I mean we had a wedding that night and I did not need anyone else sick. Asher woke from his nap throwing up. It was terrible. At that point I had a sinking feeling it was a virus. We were hours from home and 2 out of 6 were sick. It seemed to be a short virus though. Chad was feeling better that afternoon (not great but better). We decided I would put Ezra to bed and Chad would stay at the house with Ezra and Asher while I went to the wedding taking 2 of the 3 ring bearers.

Jude, Shiloh and I got to the wedding. Took some pictures and then it was time. The boys walked down the isle looking so handsome and stood so nice in front of Justin, the best man. Charity and I were standing in the back commenting on the faces the boys were making and how they were drawing in the sand. About 5 minutes left and Jude started shifting his weight back and forth and making  a winning face. I thought he has tired. Charity and I smiled at him and gave him the thumbs up. He kept making the face and I held up a finger to signal just a minute and mouth almost done, smiling all the while. The minister was pronouncing them man and wife. Jude started heaving. Realization dawned on me. He was sick. He was going to throw up. Frantically I started waving my arms and point to the side, trying desperately to get Jude to see me and get him to get move. He didn't move. I started running trying to go behind the chairs and around to reach him. Justin saw me acting crazy and gave me a puzzled look. Then he glanced down and saw Jude. He tried to guide him to the side. The minster said "kiss the bride" and Jude threw up, projectile like, everywhere. Perfect timing. Sorry Colten and Ashely.

I have two pictures to share from Colten and Ashely's wedding. The first Jude is cropped out and you can decide if Shiloh's face is a result of Jude or the kiss. The second picture is from someone's phone and is not cropped. Fair warning don't look if you don't want to. You're Welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment