Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Aust-E

We just had the best weekend!

On Friday we headed west to Austin!

Back up 2 weeks ago I was checking Facebook and noticed I had a message from my best friend growing up dad. It said something like, "Destiny, not sure if you knew we had a funky Austin rental... just finish furnishing it... if you act fast... and give good reviews... you can stay in it for free... just need a giod review! Let me know if you want to chill in east Austin in the next couple of weeks!"Within 2 minutes of reading said message Chad and I decided yes we would love to and had a list of weekends. Later when talking on the phone with Mr. Westerman I asked if we could see pictures and he was surprised at how quickly and trustingly I said we would come to which I answered, "look, when someone says free house to stay in you say yes and ask questions later."

This is the link to the house we stayed in:

Aust-E House

It was awesome!!!!

Anyway on Friday Chad and I packed up our stuff and took it easy (tJude and Shiloh had slept over with Mimi and Pops the night before and were going to see Planes Fire and Rescue). We decided to run to the post office to apply for Asher's passport (for the Cayman Islands of course) but were disappointed to find you now have to have an appointment. The me stopped at AutoZone because my brake light was coming on. We bought some brake fluid and while Chad filled up the brake fluid I read the car manual and acquainted myself with changing a tire. Then we met up with Mimi and Pops and had lunch. Next stop was home depot to make a return. While Chad went in I stayed in the car and fed the baby. We then went to Mimi and Pops house to get Mater and Cachoa. Finally we were on our way!

We arrived in Austin a little after 5pm and I was feeling indignant that 290 is now a toll road close to Austin. Not cool. We stopped at an HEB to grab some food and I realized I had forgotten my shopping bags. Oh well we needed some new ones anyways. I could have done without the rude tone of voice from the checker because I didn't have bags, look lady I know the is is Austin and it's green and weird but my husband is over there picking out some bags that we are going to purchase so give me a break.

We made it to the house and loved it! We grilled burgers and watched MasterChef. Chad turned on the water in the half bath sink which is not finished so he cleared up some water. Then we hurried off to the Congress Bridge to see the bats. We were late and stood on the wrong side and so only saw a few handfuls but it was still cool. Upon arriving back to the house we promptly put the boys to bed.


 see the gap?

trying to glimpse the bats.



Jude found these rings from a board game and came running, "mommy these are for playing ring the gack!" or ring mommy's legs as it turned out because we don't have a gack. 

Stay tuned for the rest of the adventure...

1 comment: