Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Play for Independece

I suppose it is very fitting that on the day we celebrate our independence as a country my oldest child would make a play for his independence at 6:30 AM. For real. We had watched "Rise of the Guardians" the night before and at 6:30 AM he interrupts my coffee time (I had been awake since 5 AM because that is apparently the time Asher would like to wake each day now...why won't my children sleep in?) with "I'm going to watch my movie." This is when things did not go his way as I informed him we would not be watching anything this morning. I could see the struggle on his face and as he was about to argue I reminded him it was not ok to argue with mommy. He got very creative and said, "well I'm going to watch it, God told me I could, he said so in my heart." I have news for you little buddy I am not aware of any place in the Bible that would support what you are "hearing" from God but I can find several places that state, "children obey your parents." This being said he threw his movie on the ground, kicked it, stomped his feet, hit the wall, made angry faces and noises and earned a one way ticket to his room and an appointment with the switch. Rebellion put to and end (at least for a few hours that is).

Anyway we despite controlling and putting down rebellions we had a great day celebrating independence.


We rode our bikes in the neighborhood parade. I tried to ride and carry our huge pool bag at the same time. This was not easy. Thankfully our neighbor was taking her girls to the parade and gave Jude and his bike a lift to the starting point because we may have missed it otherwise.


Asher and Shiloh chilling in the bike trailer.


Asher passed out in my arms during the parade.


The big boys on the train.


The community center had a ice cream cart and the boys choose the Spider-Man popsicles. 



There was also a photo booth. So Cool. We took pics as a family and then Jude and Shiloh took pics with Loic.


After the parade, lunch, ice cream, photo booth and swimming Asher and Shiloh passed out on the way home.


After naps we went to Granny's to celebrate.



We made home made ice cream.






We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. We had corn and beans. Yummy.


Even Lilah enjoyed the corn.


Granny gave Jude some money to go buy fire works.


Asher enjoyed gnawing on the glow sticks.


The boys did sparklers. Of course Shiloh touched his and burned his finger. But then we lit the "big" fireworks and he was all smiles and giggles. I don't have any pictures but Jude was mr. bossy pants telling Chad which fireworks to do. Shiloh was supper snuggly Auntie Charity. And Asher did great except for one firework scared him and he cried and held his breath and almost passed out - hmmm just like Jude yet another strong willed boy for me. Yay.

We had a great time celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment