Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July Preparations!

Happy Independence Day!

Last year we participated in our neighborhoods parade and BBQ on the 4th of July but we didn't really know what to expect and were thus unprepared. My friend, Melissa, and I decided we must make preparations this year.

So we made GRAND plans:

How awesome would it be to paint t-shirts for the boys to wear in the parade? As we got closer to the date I realized to paint shirts I would need to buy supplies. And thats when I ran across a brilliant idea - reverse tie-dye! Yes that would be even awesomer! So I ran to Hobby Lobby and picked up 3 red shirts (as I explained to Chad no point in red and blue because the boys are all going to want what the other has). Melissa and I tied up the shirts with rubber bands and then let the kids spay them with bleach water. Nothing seemed to be happening so we added more bleach to the solution. Then we left the shirts outside while we went in to work on our bike decorations.



Super moms that we are we procrastinated in buying decorations for the boys bikes and had to make our own. Score for construction paper!


While we were hard at work making decorations the boys were hard at work playing.


We managed to get the boys to come glue some stars onto the paper chains we made.



While the boys were decorating I decided to check on our shits. The were looking quite bleached out. So I rinsed them in the sink with soap and water. We decided our rubber band tying was not the best and we may have used too much bleach...not very much red left but oh well the kids were still happy.



Being somewhat happy with the shirts I tossed them in the washing machine and we went outside to decorate bikes.


After decorating the bikes I went into get Loic's shirt from the washing machine and I realized we had a problem. The shirts were falling to pieces. Way to much bleach. Haha. We laughed really hard at ourselves. So the boys will not be wearing homemade shirts in the parade but they did decorate they bikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment