Friday, January 9, 2015

Beach Days, part 1

My parents own a house on the Northside of the Cayman Islands and for the past 4 years they have blessed us by paying our way for a visit. We have enjoyed 4 week long trips to the Caymans after Christmas. It is truly wonderful and I am so thankful for my parents generosity! We love our time every year - I mean seriously who wouldn't love leaving temperatures in the 39's and go to a low of 77 and a high of 83?!

We spent the day before departure bemoaning the rain and cold because the boys could not jump on their new trampoline - sad day. We also cleaned the house, did laundry and packed. Unlike most years we did not stay up until 1am or after packing. We were in bed by 10pm! Hurray! Except Asher chose that night to not sleep - so we didn't get much shut eye before we had to be up at 5am. Thank you Jesus for coffee!

We arrived at my parents house a little before 6am and proceeded to change out car seats, in the cold and rain. I had to take off my shoes before they became soaked through (I could think of hardly anything worse than traveling for several hours in wet cold shoes) and my feet were like ice. I faced my first battle against coveting when I sat down in my parents tahoe and my dad said, "push that button it will turn on the seat warmer." It is very easy to want something that someone else has and much harder thank God for what you have, in my case a car that is paid off, has enough seats and car seats for the family God has given us and whose heater works sometimes - but I am truly thankful for what God has given, so I told God I needed help being thankful for the gifts he has given me and help to not want the gifts he has given others. God gives help when you need it and I found myself the victor over coveting.

We made it to the airport and through security, used a starbucks gift card to get some more coffee and then we boarded the plane! We made it safety to beautiful weather, drove to the East Side and ate our favorite restaurant, Tukka. We had a few minutes of hope when we found out the Texans were winning and the Ravens were losing but alas the Ravens came back so our playoff hopes were dashed.

We spent the next couple of days enjoying the sun, sand and waves.















No comments:

Post a Comment