Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thankfulness!

We had a great day of Thanksgiving!

We enjoyed our family at Granny's house. We had a awesome turkey dinner. The dogs (all 6 dogs that came with their owners) got to go for a run in the back lot as we had our first Thanksgiving walk. We watched football. We ate pie (it was a cheat day y'all). We played a guessing game that involved our writing down what we we thankful for (everyone participated as Granny made it a requirement for those who wished to eat. We drank coffee. The boys drove their gator, played in the rocks and played in the sand box. We tried to play the game "trouble" but Shiloh lost interest quickly and Jude got frustrated (I have no idea where the child gets his competitive nature and drive to win...).

I am so thankful. For all I have named and more. We spent the month of November focusing on thankfulness as a family and as a church family. I re-read parts of "1000 Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp. I highly recommend this book - lots of great insights (though I must admit I do not like her writing style at all in fact I think I hate it - but I love her heart and message and so love the book). We listened to Seeds Family Worship song "Thankfulness - Psalm 105:1-3" a lot. I love this song. I am full of thankfulness!


Every pumpkin pie needs whipped cream and someone has to clean those beaters.


Thanksgiving placemat making.






He unraveled a cat toy.


I'm even fuller (is that a word?) of excitement because now it is ADVENT!!!!!! My favorite season of all!!!!!!! Stay tuned for our spectacular decorating and Advent activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment