Monday, October 13, 2014

A Bit of This and That

Lately we haven't been up to all that much...at least it hasn't been very exciting but we are ok with that!

It's nice to get into a bit of routine and one that does not involve us leaving the house everyday. Loading up three little beings in the car is not something I want to do every day. Not to mention it inevitably means changing a diaper after a child has been buckled...dogs running out of the house and like the crazy things they are around the neighborhood...the "I'm thirsty"...you get the picture...it is my goal to stay home!

Asher is sleeping more! Thank the Lord! He is taking a good morning and afternoon nap and we are transitioning him from mommy's bed at night to his crib...I have very mixed feelings but I think for us it is time. I am not enjoying getting out of bed at night to help him back to sleep. Though we have progressed and last night it was only once 2 hours into his night and then he slept for 6 hours straight so I think we are on the right track. I miss his little weight sleeping with me. One reason for the move though is that he is close to crawling and likes to roll his way around and the other morning I just barely gabbed his leg before he went off the bed so I really don't want him falling and well it's just time.

Shiloh is still my little Chewbacca. He is "talking" a lot more but we have no idea about what he is saying most of the time... "Juuuuuu" and "meeeee" are rather clear, as are "poo poo" and "pee pee". Why is it that little boys love saying those words? Shiloh loves to "paaaay" at meal times. It is so cute he will so this song, with no words and then say "men." Oh and Shiloh is close to being potty trained. He hardly has any wet accidents though we are not having much success staying clean...one really annoying thing he has done is pee on his bed, Jude's bed and the guest bed (thank goodness for mattress protecters) on purpose. Really he took off his under ware and peed...why? He hasn't done it again so hopefully the discipline I doled out will continue to prevent another incident.

Jude is growing. We are working (constantly) on acceptable ways to express emotions and how to act when he doesn't like something. He cracks me up with some of the things he says. I should really write them down because now that I wrote that I can't think of anything...He loves to play games. We just learned "go fish" and that is fun.

Right this minute Jude and Shiloh are hammering things with the hammer's from Don't Break the Ice and Jude is saying, "I'm Felix, I'm Fixin' it."

That is enough blogging for me. I am off to enjoy our day!

Anyway here are a couple of random pictures (notice the lack of pants...we don't do much clothing at our house):







No comments:

Post a Comment