Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Snow Y'all!

I'm only about a week or two late in announcing it...

It snowed y'all. In Cypress, Texas. It snowed.

Jude came home from school one afternoon and said, "mom, it's going to snow tonight." I told him that sounds nice buddy but I don't think it is supposed to snow. Jude said, "mom, the kids in our class made a circle and we prayed it would snow and it is going to snow." I just made some non-committal sound. I mean I wasn't going to tell the kid it wasn't going to snow but I knew it was not going to snow - it doesn't do that in Cypress, Texas.

Chad called me at 9pm and said it's snowing. I looked out the window. Nope not at our house it was rain.

10pm and we are headed to bed and I glanced out the window. It was snowing. For real. Snow.

I woke Jude up. He prayed it would snow. It snowed. I had to let him see it and I thought there is no way the snow is going to last.

5am I hear little voices squealing in  excitement and they are outside. We had the alarm on and no doors had been opened. The boys had bundled up and climbed out the dog door to see the snow. They were so excited. Asher melted down within 5 minutes because he didn't know it would be cold. I mean we live in Texas and it doesn't snow here so I feel like that is an understandable reaction.

As amazing as it was to see snow there were some definite draw backs.
1. I had woke Jude and Shiloh up in the middle of the night, bad idea to interrupt  sleep.
2. The kids woke up at 5am and by 7am they were 100% done with the day and the rest of the day was terrible.
2.The snow was surprisingly cold and did not bring joy to Asher who melted down every time he touched it.
4.The snow melted by noon and Jude and Shiloh kept melting down because the snow was gone.
5. Finally I still have a tiny snowman Jude made in my freezer.

I am thankful I live in Cypress where it almost never, maybe every 7, 9 or 11 (there is some debate over how long it's been) years it snows.












I'm still not on FaceBook y'all so if you comment there I won't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment