Saturday, August 8, 2015

Pets

We love our dogs. We do not love the rising cost to take them to the vet. My vet charged my Granny over $200 for a visit, heart worm test, fecal test, rabies (maybe) and 6 months heart worm medicine. So with two dogs I figured my bill would be close to $400. Outrageous (we can't afford that)! So I did some research on heart worms and made a decision for our pets to only give them medicine during the season they are at risk (pesky Mosquitos) and only every other month (I'm ok if you disagree with me). And decided to only do the rabies vaccine (because it's the law - and Lilah had a terrible reaction to vaccines and 4 or 5 years ago so no extra vaccines for her). And we decided to try one of those low cost vaccination traveling things. After careful comparing of cost we chose one and went today and I'm happy to report it only cost $150 for both dogs to be vaccinated, heart worm tested and a years supply of heart worm medicine for each which will last me at least 2 years on my intended heart worming schedule so next year to do the rabies I'm looking at maybe $20 for both dogs. I'd say I'm fairly pleased with my experience. 

Lilah and Boker were less pleased to be poked and prodded. But alas well that ends well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment