Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Great Granny's Birthday Blessing

I have been gifted by God the most incredible Granny anyone could ever hope for. When I get to be a granny I hope that I can be half as awesome as her :)

Yesterday was Jude's 5th birthday and Shiloh's 3rd birthday. Granny along with giving the boys the perfect presents for each of them she wrote these letters:

"Dear Jude,
I see that you have expanded your quest for knowledge of things. Your curiosity, imagination and wit (ability to make clever remarks; powers of thinking) are amazing. Watching this is like a drink of cool water, refreshing for me!
I can also see that you are eager to follow and believe as your mom and dad continue to lead you to Jesus. it blesses my heart when you talk about him!
You are fun, sweet and caring.
You are my "Little Man" and I love you, a lot!
My Bible verse for you this year is 1 Corinthians 8:3 'The person who truly loves God is the one who is open to God's knowledge.' My prayer is that you will be on a quest (a journey in pursuit of a lofty goal) to know God better each day of your life here on earth.
You bless my life!
Love Always,
Granny"


And:

"Dear Shiloh,
I see that you have willing, helping hands. I admire that about you. The Bible speaks a lot about work. Physical (with your body) and Spiritual (with our heart and soul). 2 Thessalonians 3: 6-10 says, Jesus wants us to work and not be lazy.
The book of Proverbs speaks about work a lot, saying also that even children should work. Colossians 3:23 says, 'work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do as though you were working for the Lord, rather than people.'
You are a sweet, loving boy. You have a zest (keen enjoyment) in just about everything. You are a joy to me!
My Bible verse for you is Psalm 91:17 ' and may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!' My prayer for you is that you continue to develop your physical work habits. That ooh will become a mighty worker in Jesus' Kingdom.
You bless my life,
I love you, A lot!
Granny"


I couldn't write better blessings for the boys! Happy Birthday Jude and Shiloh!


No comments:

Post a Comment