Thursday, July 9, 2015

Glue

Ahh the power of glue. It can be used for so many things including holding your chin in place...

Today Shiloh decided to jump off his chair. This turned out badly for him as his feet caught on the chair and he belly flopped on the tile. I walked over to comfort him and help him up. I pulled him in my lap and turned him over and that's when I realized he was bleeding like crazy from his chin. I grabbed a napkin and instructed Jude to go get my essential oils and my first aid kit. Jude did awesome and brought me both things in under a minute. I cleaned Shiloh up. Put some lavender oil on his gapping chin and butterflied his chin. 

We had lunch and Shiloh proceeded to fall asleep at the table. He took a good nap. While he was sleeping I consulted with my Aunt Kathy (who is an amazing ER nurse) and she thought based on my description and the picture I sent he may need stitches. 

So when Chad got home I took Shiloh to an urgent care center to have his chin looked at. The doctor and nurse where impressed with my butterfly job - what can I say I've had practice (Jude busted his chin a year or so ago and we just butterflied it but it took forever to heal and kept opening - I probably should have got his glued). They decided to glue it. I'm glad I didn't want to think about having to see him get stitches. Poor little guy. Good news only have to try and keep it dry and clean five days...no swimming :(






No comments:

Post a Comment