Monday, December 9, 2013

Just another day

So today has been a somewhat typical day in our life. Wake up, read bible by the fire (ok reading by the fire is not so typical in Houston but when it's cold (below 50...) enough outside I like to jump on the chance to light a fire and yes that means even if it warms up later in the day to 80, which is not today, I got my fireplace fix), drink coffee ummm I love coffee, start to write an email when I hear, "come on Lilah, good girl Lilah, lets get up Lilah" in Jude's very very very chipper and happy morning is the most glorious of all times voice and that's when things started to get interesting. "I'm hungry mommy, what's for breakfast mommy, can we watch daddy drive off?" "Yes, yes Jude but let me finish this email," 3 seconds pass and it starts all over. Anyways we watched daddy drive off in our fancy robes, my lovely purple one I've had since I was 16 and Jude is his very cool Mater one that I slaved over last Christmas (only to hear him say, "I don't like it, I don't want it...") only the pockets are not sewed very well and have holes to which Jude informed me that I still had not fixed it for him and could I do it now, but not really now after he eats his breakfast, which by the way what is for breakfast? Back inside after daddy drives off and I finish my email and start to warm up breakfast - yummy peanut butter baked oatmeal with chocolate chips and Shiloh is up now to which Jude says, "don't get him yet you haven't given me my breakfast." 3 year olds are very demanding creatures. After breakfast we cleaned up and played, bathed the dogs, cleaned up some more and then rushed to make lunch:


Which I thought was good but Shiloh fed most of his to the dogs, though he did eat his strawberries. Of course as I'm cleaning up Shiloh I look over and Jude has smeared hummus all over his face, arms, hands and legs (maybe this is a new moisturizer?), so I hurriedly clean him up and insist we hurry because we have to go so we won't be late for taekwondo and thats when I hear my phone chiming that I have a text but I can't find it and after searching and searching it was no where to be found so we left without it. People used to go places all the time without their phone, yet driving 7 min to taekwondo without it had me all worked up, seriously I need to chill it just a phone. The frustrating thing though was that I finally get to taekwondo and my dad was all ready to teach my class because I am taking next week off (which I will tell you all why later this week) and he thought I was taking this week off, so I rushed and was stressed for no reason at all. Oh well. While at taekwondo Shiloh fell off the bleachers and bumped his head and of course he is not napping in his room because he fell asleep for 5 min in the car and that apparently counts as nap time for the day. So yay no break but such is life. Also I'm really annoyed with my blog entry because it is all one big paragraph and I know that I should edit it and make paragraph but we all know I'm not good at that stuff that's why I had friends do it for me in high school and college - thank God for friends who are good and writing without them I would have failed! So if you made it to the end of this entry good for you because re-reading it made me want to delete it, but its all I got for now so enjoy - or not. And in future I may try a little harder. 

2 comments:

  1. I made it to the end!!!!! You're right...it's all peaceful until you hear stirring from the kid rooms...then the day begins in full force!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made it to the end because you happen to be one of my star editors and are thus used to my terrible prose :)

    ReplyDelete