Friday, May 15, 2015

Angry Bees and Angry...

...me. 

Yesterday our neighbors provided us with at least an hour of entertainment. They had honey bees in the corner of their house which we have a perfect view of from the kitchen and dining area. So the boys watched as "the worker men" pulled off house siding, vacuumed bees and pulled out honey comb. It was all very exciting. 

Not so exciting was me forgetting they were told that some bees would still be around and angry so avoid the area. Of course I would let the boys pull up mushrooms from my veggie garden for money and the angry bees attacked Jude. He got stung at least twice. Both times in the face. Poor guy. On his eyebrow and the second sting was his eyelid. Fortunately he does not appear to be allergic and an application of lavender oil and ice packs brought most of the swelling down and pain relieved. He does look like he's got a black eye. 

But those angry bees made me think of my behavior. On the attack all because they were disturbed...

I don't know why I persist but I do. I am reading a novel again. This isn't much cause for concern for most people but for me when I start a good story I can't seem to put it down until it is finished (and then I wish it wasn't finished because it was so wonderful). But I really must not read durning the day because I am easily frustrated if I am disturbed. And with three littles disturbance is a state of being around here. 

So despite telling myself I would only read after the boys are in bed I gave into my desire and read. And I was disturbed and was an angry momma. 

Thus followed asking forgiveness from God and my children. 

It sucks to mess up and when I do I want to torment myself and throw a pity party but thankfully Jesus has been teaching me it's ok if I mess up. He's got it. He will pick up the pieces and if I rely on him he can help me not mess up in the same stupid way again. So moving on.

Hopefully we can say good bye to sngry bees and an angry me :)


Jude sporting his two ice packs...


His puffy black eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment